Google Maps are a lifesaver when it comes to commuting as it is one of the most reliable source of navigation. One needs a stable internet connection for the Maps to work smoothly. However, in our country we often face bandwidth issues which results in patchy internet connections which often leaves us in the middle of nowhere. But, the navigation app has a solution for that as well. So, if you are packing up for a road trip or are travelling to another city, then you can use the offline Maps feature offered by Google. The feature enables you to download the map of any area so that you use it without a working internet connection. So, here is the guide to download the Google Maps offline both for Android and IOS users.
Download a map to use offline on iPhone and iPad
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app.
- Make sure you’re connected to the Internet and signed in to Google Maps.
- Search for a place, like Jaipur.
- At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place and then tap More.
- Select Download offline map.
Download a map to use offline on Android device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet and signed in to Google Maps.
- Search for a place, like Udaipur.
- At the bottom, tap the name or address of the place and then Download. If you searched for a place like a restaurant, tap More and then Download offline map.
After you download a map, use the Google Maps app just like you normally would. If your Internet connection is slow or absent, Google Maps will use your offline maps to give you directions